Preparation Suggestions for Newborn Photo Shoot:
- Mothers who are nursing should try to avoid eating anything spicy (i.e., pizza, hot sauce, etc.) that might upset the baby’s tummy for 24 hours preceding the scheduled session.
- Please keep your baby awake for 1 to 2 hours before the session to ensure he or she is sleepy for the session. This is very important: without this, too much time will be spent getting them to sleep and there won’t be as much time for photographing them.
- Please feed your baby before the session.
- Dress the baby in loose clothes to avoid any lines on their skin – a simple sleeper is best. Avoid clothes that must be pulled off over the baby’s head.
- Bring a pacifier – they can be very helpful during the session.
- The room should be kept at around 29 degrees (Celsius) to keep the baby warm while in their birthday suit. Parents also should dress in layers that can be removed easily if it’s too warm.
- Please bring your baby in a car seat. I will remove the baby from the seat because I know how to do it without waking them. Please feel free to have a book, laptop or any work with you during the session
© Adela Photography